Saturday, October 30, 2021

 GET TO WEST VIRGINIA!!

When I post in my blog, and many see coal towns, I have this idea that so many people want their mythos to be correct. They want dumb coal miners, coal smudged faces, and of course, dead industrial towns......Sorry, this is not your place. Coal is on your hands. Its part of you




The towns and places are unique, filled with power memories and compassion, niot dead, not cold, not toxic. I walk through them.



Sometimes, I get lucky. I was in Deep Water and saw a Virginian Rail bridge, I had thought them to be extinct. I was gladly wrong. They were one of largest and first to move our coal


In Quinnimont, I saw very old and strange snow movers...I was glad and was reminded of just how much there was to wonder of


We see the art of Tom Acosta in Welch WV. Ed points to himself in the mural. Art and the appreciation of how it beautifies us, is present.


And even in cities named War, the post office is in the middle of  where we all gather to talk



BUT the surprise is that no matter where you look, you can see art and shape everywhere.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share your thoughts