Monday, October 11, 2021

 THE WATERMARK

As of today, I am happy to announce my new logo and watermark. 

©

It is of course my beloved 2005 Toyota mini -van. The mini van is a noble car to drive in West Virginia. Basically, its a couch, with 4 wheels and 6 cylinders of raw power that propelled me down the twisty roads. The C.T.G. emblem blazed on my van is my acronym, Coal Town Guy. I bet you will be stunned to learn, I photograph coal towns and all other amazing things in the great state of West Virginia. 

Just a heads up, my logo, and my watermark will begin to pepper all of my photos. That means that if you want to use ANY of my photos you can e mail me and we can discuss a fee structure for the watermark to be removed and give you permission to use said photo. 

WHY I have a Watermark

Its funny, years ago, I would have scoffed and said hey my photos don't need a watermark. It just seemed arrogant to me...AND even worse...Hey, folks would not take MY images and claim they took them, or use them, OR post them on their web site and never ever mention my name, OR sell them on Etsy as a T shirt or coffee cup....... Well, I was WRONG. ALL of the above did happen. However, I am not a person to call out a single person or entity. Nope. So, with some help and a kind hearted hand, I commissioned the above copyrighted image...

I honestly have read many blogs that are for and against watermarks. To be 100% clear, this is a hobby. IF folks want to buy a print, great! IF folks wish to comment, EVEN BETTER. BUT given that some of the places I photographed are GONE now and I drove hundreds of miles to get them, it will be a cold day in hell before I let it be stolen. 


I even had this spiffy T shirt made with my watermark. Come on, you know you love it. Normally I do not use my Iphone for my pics, but, its a selfie...why not.

AND HOW, OH HOW do I approach the places I photograph? I approach every place and person with the utmost caring and compassion I can. However, I maintain a sense of humor:






NEW PHOTOS WILL BE COMING

I am very excited to get my new pics out soon.  My e mail, JUST IN CASE:

whitbywv@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share your thoughts