Monday, May 30, 2022

 Revisiting Glen Rogers, West Virginia

While I visited Glen Rogers, I made a point of going inside any structure I could. The store is a hollow melted hulk, and the amusement hall, across from the "hotel", has no roof, and nature will find a way. When I describe these places, the temptation is to again, throw it all in a pile of abandoned, glost towns, or apathy. Thats not my goal. I want to know what was the average day? Who were these people? Where did they go? I want to embrace the energy, vitality and life that was here. In a remote place, the culture and spirit of a people do not go away. In many ways, they are stronger.

This is again, a DRAFT series of photos and there will be updates. Clicking on an image will allow you to see its full size. Please do feel free to leave comments. If you want to purchase a print, e mail me and we can discuss a fee.


Inside the store






Open curtains, but nature is winning.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share your thoughts