Tuesday, May 17, 2022

 East Gulf, West Virginia


East Gulf West Virginia is an unincorporated community and former coal town in Raleigh County, West Virginia. Cornelius H. Charlton (1929-1951), United States Army soldier and recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor, was born in East Gulf. Once a booming coal town, its prep plant gave me some great ideas about what we think of coal. Children play anywhere. AND YES, they would play and explore in coal towns. My son was at this time, reminding me of that. There is a truth to the danger of coal mining. HOWEVER, there is a truth of people who lived in them and honestly, if all of us could remember that, I think the subject of coal towns in West Virginia would be very very pleasant. This is a DRAFT. I will be updating and making changes. PLEASE feel free to comment and clicking in an image will show you its original size.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share your thoughts