Saturday, February 26, 2022

 Stotesbury West Virginia Homes

When we miss home, do we miss a place? I often tell people that when I photograph homes in any coal town, I try to remember, Home, is what you know.. We know places, people and most of all the memories of all of these things linger. They are by themselves, a power. What do they remember?

Below a miner, a father, a grandfather, a nice guy.....what is he remembering?? Please feel free to comment. Clicking on an image allows you to see the full size image


In all of my efforts, I do the very best I can to respect a people and a culture. I photograph what I choose to point my camera at. Some things, I do not photograph. I choose not to. Why show what I can see anywhere?


Houses had numbers, had rooms, had meals and families. 



Some rooms allow us to see what they saw, just further in time than what we expect








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share your thoughts