Tuesday, April 19, 2022

 Springton, West Virginia

Springton, located in Mercer County West Virginia has a surprise as you drive by Matoaka. It still has its company store. ALL brick and rather incredible with what looks to be a neo classical design. I am reminded as I see Springton, IF you see it, IF you think its cool, take a picture. Buildings do not bite and the people, always the people, were very helpful. I will have more pics of Matoaka later, BUT I could not resist at least showing the caboose...which I have learned is gone now, (2022). This is a DRAFT series of pages and more revisions will be coming. PLEASE do feel free to comment. Clicking each image will show you its original size.


This WAS in Matoaka, but no more. LOVE this design. I hope a train fan can tell me more






The Springton Company store combined its Post Office and its main community store in one place. This was a very normal thing in a coal town.





In its day, this would have been gorgeous.  I would urge extreme caution and NOT go inside as the floors are gone or are now collapsing. That did not bother me. Despite its abandonment, it is beautiful.














Before I conclude this entry, I ask all of you one thing, will you follow me into these places??? The images below, tell me, I have to follow, and help and look...


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share your thoughts