Friday, November 26, 2021

 Sometimes, Things do Disappear

Not so many years ago, I was in McDowell County, and stopped at Caretta WV. Caretta had what I called a tipple or what others name, a processing plant. Then one day, it was all torn down. Luckily, I stopped and saw what I could. Its good to know someone had been there, but I wonder how fast they had to go? Click on each image for a full size picture. Please do leave comments..


I do not thrive on the abandoned. I want to know what was there? How hard did they work? 


How many people went through the doors?


I bet the day was busy and so much had to be done. This side shot of the tipple looked good to me and let me know, folks worked hard.


How many arguments did they have about the shift change??





Across the road, the coal passed on a belt






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share your thoughts